This 4 pack of SAGE Water Descaler works perfectly for all SAGE espresso machines.
It is essential for the maintenance and upkeep of any SAGE machine and prevents any hard water scale build up.
In the box:
4 x 25g water descaler sachets.
How it works:
Priming machine for descaling function
1. Dissolve one Sage Descaling powder sachet into one litre of hot tap water then fill the water tank.
2. Press and hold the 2 CUP button and then press and hold the POWER button simultaneously to enter the Descale mode. The unit will heat up as part of commencing the descaling action, during the heating processes the POWER button should flash continuously. The machine will indicate it is ready for descaling when the POWER button, 1 CUP button, CLEAN ME indicator and HOT WATER / STEAM indicator are all illuminated (solid on).
Descaling the coffee component
3. Press the 1 CUP button to start the descaling for the coffee component of the machine. Descaling coffee component takes approximately 25 seconds. The 1 CUP button should flash continuously and remain constant once the descaling process has finished. To terminate the descaling within 25 seconds, press the 1 CUP button again.
Descale the steam and hot water components
4. Descale Steam component by turning the steam dial LEFT towards the STEAM icon.
5. Descale Hot water component by turning the steam dial to the RIGHT towards the HOT WATER icon.
Repeat processes to complete descaling
6. Repeat steps 4-6 above to complete the descaling process to empty the solution in the tank.
Descaling Solution Rinse
7. After descaling, remove the water tank and rinse thoroughly then refill with fresh cold water to the maximum capacity (2 litres) and repeat steps 4-6 to further cleanse the machine of any residue of the cleaning solution thoroughly.
8. Press ‘POWER’ to quit the descaling process. This will be indicated by the LED lights switching off.